Our website address is https://theleadershipworkspace.com
The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain how we safeguard the privacy of those who use our website and provide us with personal information, either through our website or in other ways.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
The Leadership Workplace is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice)
- What data do we collect and how will we use it?
- How do we collect your data?
- Data security
- Disclosures of your personal data
- What are your data protection rights?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
What data do we collect and how will we use it?
Personal data means any information that is capable of identifying a specific individual. We may collect and process the following categories of data about you:
- Personal identification information that includes your name, email address, phone number for example.
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. This is for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this to supply you with the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of transactions. When we process your order, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We do this so that we can operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We do this so that we can analyse use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions and free giveaways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you.
Disclosures of your personal data:
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our services (or for example by filling in forms on our site or sending us emails)
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
We may also receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks. This could include providers such as Facebook based outside the EU, search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, and providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information without authorisation.
We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Once this time period has expired, we will destroy your data.
In deciding the correct timeframe for keeping data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers for seven years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or OR by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
What are your data protection rights?
Under data protection laws, EU residents have rights in relation to your personal data. We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. You are entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request from us copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office. We would be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint, so that we can try and resolve it for you.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information visit allaboutcookies.org.
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – we use these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – we use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us